Typical 3PDT latching mechanical switches are noisy, hard to press, and prone to mechanical failure after repeated use. A controller board with a relay is a great alternative, and provides some other really great options you couldn't otherwise do.
This tiny and featureful relay bypass board can do a LOT.
- Soft touch, momentary switches can toggle your DIY guitar pedal, using a relay to provide true bypass.
- Remembers whether your effect is bypassed or engaged, and next time you power up the pedal it will recall this setting. You can change to auto-on or auto-off by holding the switch while powering on.
- Quick tap to switch between engaged and bypass, or hold the footswitch to temporarily toggle until you release it
- Fits easily in a tiny 1590A enclosure
- Optional optocoupler muting can be enabled with a switch or jumper to mute any popping your circuit might exhibit while switching
- VERY cost effective.
Buy a Relay Bypass Kit or PCB