Typical 3PDT latching mechanical switches are noisy, hard to press, and prone to mechanical failure after repeated use. A controller board with a relay is a great alternative, and provides some other really great options you couldn't otherwise do.
This tiny and featureful relay bypass board can do a LOT.
- Soft touch, momentary switches can toggle your DIY guitar pedal, using a relay to provide true bypass.
- Quick tap to switch between engaged and bypass, or hold the footswitch to temporarily toggle until you release it
- Fits easily in a tiny 1590A enclosure
- Optional optocoupler muting can be enabled with a switch or jumper to mute any popping your circuit might exhibit while switching
- Hold when powering on to toggle auto-on/auto-off
- VERY cost effective.
- Or for extreme DIY'ers, it's totally free and open source
NOTE: this uses a standard non-latching relay. It's not suitable for use with a battery or when you have limited power available. A latching version will be available in the future.
Shop v1 (ON SALE)
Shop Newer Version